In the coming weeks we will be facing unprecedented challenges while we begin the process of phased reopening as restrictions in response to Covid-19 are reduced. The situation continues to evolve, and therefore our response must also. In an effort to protect the people and animals in our community, and in response to guidance from the Office of the Governor, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, and the Pennsylvania Veterinary Medical Association, as of June 1, 2020 we are updating our protocols in the following ways:
- If you are sick, stay home. If you are quarantined, stay home.
- Our office hours will return to 7:30 am – 7:30 pm Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am -5:30pm Friday, 8am – noon Saturday. We anticipate high demand as we “catch up” with wellness care that was postponed during the Stay At Home order. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we try to accommodate the needs of all our patients despite major disruptions to normal operating procedure.
- We are now able to resume in person visits, but are required to minimize person to person contact and foot traffic in the facility. Our lobby will be closed. Only 1 person will be allowed in the building for all appointments scheduled with the veterinarian. That person must wear a face mask that covers the mouth and nose. If you wish, others are welcome to join virtually by speaker phone or other electronic means.
- For all appointments, please remain in your vehicle and call from there to let us know you have arrived. We will notify you when an exam room is ready, or collect your pet from the vehicle as appropriate.
- For clients who prefer to wait outside, anyone who is unable to comply with the 1 person limit, or unable to wear a facemask, we will continue to offer “curbside” care. We will collect your pet from the vehicle, examine your pet in the hospital, and call you to discuss the findings.
- Appointments that are not scheduled with the veterinarian will be conducted “curbside.” A staff member will collect your pet from the vehicle and return him/her to you when the services are completed.
- If you normally obtain prescription or other diets from us, we can set you up to receive food shipments direct from the manufacturer. Please call for information.
- If you are picking up medication refills, please call us from the parking lot to make payment arrangements. We will deliver the item(s) to your car. You may also order refills from our online store at www.londonderryvet.com.
- It is extremely rare for pets to contract Covid-19, and there is no evidence to suggest that pets can transmit COVID-19 to humans. However, common sense dictates that if you are sick you should avoid contact with pets as much as possible, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food. If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wash your hands before and after you interact with pets and wear a facemask.