In 2019 Londonderry Animal Hospital celebrated its 50th birthday. The practice was started by Dr. Edward Swartz in 1969 and purchased by Dr. Glenn Book and Dr. Lia Belanger in 1999. In the fall of 2003, we broke ground 2164 E. Harrisburg Pike. The practice was moved to this location in 2004. That totals 50 fantastic years of providing veterinary care to family pets in Middletown and the surrounding area.
In 2019 we gave the interior of the building a bit of a face lift.
- Changes were made in the lobby to make weighing pets a little easier.
- We purchased some specialty artwork that not only looks wonderful but helps to reduce the sound/echo in the lobby area.
- New ceiling tiles in the exam rooms also help to reduce noise.
- The exam rooms got new decor and a fresh coat of paint.
- The treatment room, radiology, and surgical facilities all got new paint as well.
In October of 2019 we opened our doors to the community so that everyone could see what goes on behind the scenes. Visitors toured the hospital to see where, why, and how we keep your pets happy and healthy. Highlights included:
- Our in in house lab where we can perform many important blood, fecal, and urine tests in minutes
- Our digital radiology suite which provides high quality diagnostic images
- Demonstrations of our specialized dental equipment
- Opportunities for kids (of all ages!) to learn how to interact more safely with pets
- A chance for willing participants to try on surgical gowns, hats, and masks while learning about surgical monitoring that is done during anesthetic procedures. Don’t worry… the patient is a stuffed dog.
- Pet food samples and a chance to learn about the importance of proper nutrition
- Interactions with ambassadors from Caring Hearts Pet Therapy. Access Caringheartspettherapy.org for more information
- The opportunity to interact with our team and learn more about a variety of pet care topics
- Refreshments and lots of giveaways for humans and pets
The following pictures were captured throughout the day. We hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed making the day possible.