In the coming weeks we will be facing unprecedented challenges in the war on COVID-19. Veterinary services are considered essential and the team at Londonderry Animal Hospital plans to continue providing care for the animals in our community, as we have for the past 50 years. However, the situation is evolving rapidly and therefore our response must also. In an effort to protect the people and animals in our community, as of March 19, 2020 we are altering our protocols in the following ways:
- If you are sick, please stay home. If you are quarantined, please stay home. Hand sanitizer is in short supply but we have plenty of soap and water which we encourage you to use.
- Please be patient. We are trying to accommodate the needs of all our patients despite major disruptions to normal operating procedure. We may be operating with limited staff and/or with limited office hours. We may not be able to honor requests to see a specific veterinarian or team member.
- If your pet has an appointment, please remain in your vehicle and call from there to let us know you have arrived. We will notify you when the exam room is ready.
- Only 1 person may enter the building per appointment. If needed, others may be included in the conversation by speaker phone. If you have children with you that require supervision, or for any client preferring to remain outside, we will collect your pet from the vehicle, examine your pet while you wait outside, and consult with you over the phone.
- If you normally obtain prescription or other diets from us, we can set you up to receive food shipments direct from the manufacturer. Please call for information.
- If you are picking up medication refills, please call us from the parking lot to make payment arrangements. We will deliver the item(s) to your car.
- In an effort to conserve essential medical supplies that are in shortage worldwide, we will postpone elective surgeries.
Let’s all do our civic duty and work together to keep each other safe!